The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Alpha Visions Pte Ltd manage Personal Data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act. Please read through this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
1. Personal Data
1.1 In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
1.2 Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 In General, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application and registration forms;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- when you correspond with us, for example, through letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- when you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you use our online services, or interact with us through our websites or use services on our websites;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or CVs
- when your images are captured by our CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or through photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend our events;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our emails
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not, at our website, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 In General, Alpha Visions Pte Ltd may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries, feedback and requests;
- verifying your identity;
- sending you eNews or eAdvertisments if you have subscribed to our mailing list;
- managing the administrative and business operations of Alpha Visions Pte Ltd
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- resolving complaints;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security checks);
- managing and preparing reports on incidents and accidents;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and/or
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.2 In addition, Alpha Visions Pte Ltd may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving calls or marketing information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with regards to our products and services.
- In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
- You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
- Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services that you have requested from Alpha Visions Pte Ltd.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 Alpha Visions Pte Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Associates & Business Partners;
- companies providing services Alpha Visions Pte Ltd;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Alpha Visions Pte Ltd, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Alpha Visions Pte Ltd;
- our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
5.1 When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
5.2 Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
5.3) Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
6. Data Protection
6.1 Alpha Visions Pte Ltd will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
6.2 While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet or use our mobile services, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you use such platforms. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
6.3 If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
7. Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Amendments to your Personal Data
7.1 If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, you can approach us via the following channels:
Tel: +65 6385 7909
or write to us at:
Alpha Visions Pte Ltd
1 Yishun Industrial Street 1
#03-16 A’Posh BizHub
7.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer, or your company), you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, complaints, and access and correction requests to on your behalf.
7.3 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Alpha Visions Pte Ltd may not be in a position to continue to provide its products and services to you, administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with Alpha Visions Pte Ltd , and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Alpha Visions Pte Ltd ’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
8. Governing Law
8.1 This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.